Many young people, willing to work in the IT field, ask themselves this question – Could a Software Testing Career be a good choice for me?
And it’s no wonder they do.
With the continuous growth in IT and Software, the demand for software testers has increased, all around the world; and we can see that growth in Romania as well.
In the past few years, Software Testing in Romania has become a good career choice, when it comes to experience, income and professional growth in an IT environment.
As a rule – a software testing career is a good choice for people that are detail-oriented and like to go through numbers of variations, to discover and document the details and anomalies they find.
If you would like working in the IT environment, you are an organized person, passionate about technology and you like to explore even the tiniest detail – then this might be a career path for you to consider.
Here are a few things that you could ask yourself, before considering becoming a software tester.
These questions will help you decide if this is something you would like to do:
- Are you detail-oriented?
- Do you have any knowledge/experience with writing code?
- Do you know what kind of testing niche you would be interested in? (Web applications, mobile, etc.)
- Does it come easy for you to explain how a system works, to any type of audience?
- Do you like new technologies and do you find it easy to adapt to them?
Another question you might already think about is: What should I expect to learn from a Software Testing Job?
Here are a few ideas on new skills you could develop, while working on your software testing career:
- Software Testing principles and concepts.
- Understanding of the project life-cycle.
- Knowledge of the types of software testing.
- Familiarity with different programming languages.
- Database concepts.
- Technical documentation skills.
- Experience with different testing tools.
- Understanding of test plans.
- Analytical thinking skills.
Are you thinking about pursuing a software testing career?
Take a look at our Infobest Careers page and check out the open positions or internships.