- You participate in clarifying requirements, designing and implementing Java applications.
- You contribute to quality improvements, via code reviews and unit-tests, and check the results of your work together with members of the QA team.
- You participate in the development of deployment scripts or tools aiming at reducing the total cost of ownership for the maintained applications.
- You estimate the necessary effort, record the actual effort and communicate with the team leader on any potential issue.
- Computer science university degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in Java development.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming concepts and practices, knowledge of design patterns is a plus.
- Experience with application design, programming architecture and software lifecycle.
- Experience with source code management tools like SVN, GIT.
- Experience with Eclipse RCP/RAP
- Experience with BIRT, EMF is a plus
- Understanding of concurrency java library is a plus
- Proficiency in debugging applications
- Experience with profiling applications
- Familiar with JUnit and understanding of test driven development is a plus
- Fluent in English; German is a plus.
What you can expect:
- Challenging tasks and projects, resulting in software used by a large number of people in real-world scenarios.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Active support of your career within the company.
- A professional and powerful team with flat hierarchies.
- Great social environment where you can work amongst friends.
- Sports activities (7card).
- German or English language classes (optional).
- Healthcare services.