Be part of a team that implements an application for utility metering industry which facilitates the collection of meter data and the transfer of the values to monitoring and billing systems. The application is developed using WPF and will run on Windows 8.1 tablets.
The features of the application include the following:
- Read bar codes
- Read utility meters and store the data in the database
- Facilitate the installation of new utility meters
- Synchronize data to a server
- Allow signature input
- Experience with WPF application development for mobile devices
- Experience the making of an application, starting from design phase and onto the user experience and GUI.
- Get acquainted with development tools (e.g. source-versioning, profilers, web frameworks and technologies)
- Get a grip on design patterns and other best practices
- Good understanding of OOP
- Good Java or C# programming skills
- Visual Studio experience is a plus
- Send an as complete as possible CV, outlining any experience close to the requirements list. A letter of intent might be a plus
- 30 minutes technical interview focused on the requirements above
This project must be prefaced with a period of learning about Web-related technologies and understanding the context, thus it is not suitable for a 3 weeks practice period. However, since the application will be broken down into a list of features to be developed and added gradually, the duration can be anywhere between 6 and 12 weeks, at a minimum of 4 hours daily.